Sunday, November 11, 2018

Return to Malin

A friend from California is visiting and today we went to the stone circle, court tomb, and beach that Artemis and I visited last summer solstice. 

The Temple of Deen is as awesome as ever, in its gothic slanting afternoon winter light. 




At the Bocan stone circle, I leaned against a stone and wondered about something important, and the answer I always get to those questions came to me clearly: you have everything you need already. 



Isn't that what we always know? 


The Temple of Deen is over there in that first green horizon.


Then we continued north to the Wee House at Malin.


There is a sea meadow at the top, magical and sweet. 


My friend climbed up to the sea meadow. 



I walked down the beach and discovered this thin, musical waterfall. 







Then I walked over to the Wee House, which since last solstice someone has defaced with christian markings. 



The Wee House at Malin. People used to sit on the bench around the inside of this little cave, and people said there was always room for one more. Now, it is so full of memorial stones for the dead, not one living person can fit.

Some of the stones contained bossy evangelical messages. But someone changed "God" into "Goddess" and added triple goddess symbols encircling the crosses. 





This won't end well, will it? 


No comments:

Post a Comment