Tuesday, December 18, 2018

The right to brag



I'm still celebrating my Full Irish Driving License. I'm so proud getting into my car with the "N" plates. 

If I had a Patronus, it would look like this:



We ran into a friend at Patsy Dan's Monday night. We had last seen her a few days before my driving test. She had encouraged me, saying they would for sure pass me, because I would have to be better than any a boy racer. (Dangerous driving in Donegal is a long standing culture says the Irish Times)

"Have I seen you since I got my driving license?"

"Oh, we saw you getting out of Helen's car! and I said to Ed, do you think she's not driving yet? But it is Helen's car, so why would she be driving? So we decided to just not say anything at all."

"Yup, I got it a few weeks ago. I only made one mistake," I declared, perhaps boasting too much for Irish sensibility. 

"...and that poor couple is young enough, they can have another kid," said Artemis. 

Legend, she is. 


No comments:

Post a Comment