Monday, September 28, 2020

Live from the Carrowcrory Labyrinth Garden

 






My friend John Willmott has been hosting online Sunday Sessions, in Irish folklore and traditions. Upcoming topics will include poetry, snakes, corvids, Samhain (Halloween).

I missed the session about Apples last week, and although yesterday's session was about the Ogham, he invited me to read a poem I recently wrote, as an apple addendum. 

My reading of "Sixty is an Abundant and Unitary Perfect Number" starts around 1:05:00

I have to say that before watching John's presentation, I wasn't all that interested in Ogham stones. They seem like nothing more than a man scribbling his name in public, the same old thing whether in gold or spray paint. But John has a way of collecting complicated, controversial theories in Irish culture, and always, always, bringing it down to trees. 

John's contributions to helping people world-wide learn more about Ireland and Irish culture deserves a post of its own. Until I write that, his website links to Ronan Kelly's feature about Carrowcrory, featuring Claire Roche as guide. Start there. 





No comments:

Post a Comment